|Tax Preparation (Photo credit: agrilifetoday)|
- Personal tax returns (except you or your spouse or common-law partner is self-employed) are due April 30th 2013 and any balance due has to be paid that day and otherwise interest will be assessed. Tax returns for self–employed and their spouse or common-law partner is due June 15th 2013 but balance due must be paid April 30th 2013.
- You can file hard copy return or NETFILE or EFILE (EFILE can be done by tax preparer).
- TELEFILE option is not available.
- If you need a tax package (hard copy) you can order one from CRA and it will be delivered after February 4th 2013. The packages will also available to postal outlets and Service Canada offices from February 4th 2013.
- The NETFILE transmission service will be open from February 11, 2013, until November 30, 2013, for the electronic filing of your 2012 personal income tax and benefit return. Tax returns filed via NETFILE must first be prepared using one of the 2012 commercial tax preparation software packages or Web applications certified for NETFILE.
- List of certified software for NETFILE can be found here.
- You employer has to provide your T4 slips by Feb 28th 2013.
- Your investment provider or banks have to mail your T5 slips by Feb 28th 2012 and T3 slips by March 31st 2012.
- You can log in to My Account at CRA to find your RRSP contribution limit. RRSP contributions made in the first 60 days of 2013 (i.e. contributions made till March 1st 2013) can be used in 2012 tax returns).