Monday, March 18, 2013

Online Shopping for clothes

I used to shop at Amazon and Chapters for books and other things. But I my sister does most of her clothes shopping and her kids shopping online. Recently I started online purchasing for clothes at Land’s end.  Initially I was bit nervous about sizes and quality but so far happy with the casual clothes purchases.  During November – December they had 30% off and free shipping and I was able to buy fleece tops for $10.00 and no tax or duty or shipping charges.   If you are purchasing anything less than $20.00, there will be no duty or sales tax but usually shipping charge will apply.

They have online chat line in case you have question about sizes and the online reviews are also helpful. Once your order, if they have it in stock you will get it in 3-4 days. They also adjust the length or make cuff for free.
Time to time they email discount coupons for 30% off or 40% off. Recently I bought ski jacket with 30% coupon and it is pretty good deal.  If you are not satisfied with the purchase you can return it but there will be shipping cost of $7.95 but if the product is defective they will waive shipping charge. I have done around 10 purchases in the last 4 months and only one I returned because the size was not what they indicated. You can also get rebate by going through rebates sites (Great Canadian Rebates, Red Flags Deals or ebates)
All the billing will be done in US dollars. I use amazon.ca rewards visa which provides good exchange rate without additional charge.

No comments: