There are many airline points programs and I have provided description of the most popular Canadian program - Aeroplan
You can earn Aeroplan points in many ways. Here are some of the popular ways to collect Aeroplan points.
- hotel stays (Most of the hotel will give an option either to collect hotels points or specific airlines points).
There is an annual fee of $120 / year for CIBC Aeroplan credit cards. But you will earn 15,000 bonus when you the card for the first time. Here is the list of ways to earn Aeroplan points.
You can redeem points to buy air travel tickets, hotel booking, car rental, merchandise or gift cards. You can even earn points by buying some Quacker or Nestle products Here is the list of ways to use the points.
Points to note about the program:
1. You need to have atleast one transaction in every 12 months to keep the account active. Buy a Tropicana orange juice or any other product with Aeroplan code and that will keep your account active for another 12 months.
2. Aeroplan points expire in 7 years.
- Moneyville: How to choose the best travel reward card (thestar.com)
- Best Frequent Flyer And Frequent Guest Programs Chosen In The Frequent Traveler Awards (prweb.com)